Harvest Cup Covid-19 tournament safety plan.
1. ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS AT ALL TIMES when they are not actively engaged in play, including but not limited to walking to the complex/parking lot to the fields, and when leaving fields to their cars.
2. Sideline substitutes should wear masks and maintain 6ft of social distance between teammates and must maintain 6ft distance from other participants off the pitch.
3. Each team will need to supply hand sanitizer for their participants.
4. Each team should have a non-contact infrared thermometer and take temperatures regularly.
5. Prior to each match, each team manager should scan each participants temperature and eject players with temperature 99.9 and above.
6. Absolutely NO spectators!
7. Participants will be asked to not show up if they meet any of these conditions:
• Are exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus: including mild to severe respiratory
illness with fever, cough and or difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by the CDC.
• Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
8. PREPARING TO PLAY (To protect against infections):
• Wash your hands with a disinfectant soap and water (for 20 seconds or longer)
or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your face.
• Stay home if you are sick.
• Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw it in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Wear a facemask for extra precaution.
9. WHILE PLAYING
• Throw ins may be replaced by kicking the ball in.
• Try to reduce physical contact with other participants (such as shaking hands or a high five).
• Avoid touching your face after handling a ball or other equipment. Wash your hands promptly if you have touched your eyes, nose or mouth.
• Use any opportunity to disinfect balls and other equipment.
• Avoid sharing food, drinks or towels.
• Remain apart from other participants when taking a break.
• Wear a mask while not playing as soon as you cool down.
10. AFTER PLAYING
• Leave the complex/field as soon as reasonably possible wearing a mask.
• Disinfect balls and other equipment as necessary.
• Wash your hands thoroughly or use a hand sanitizer after coming off the field.
• No extra-curricular or social activity will take place at the field. No congregating after playing.
No spectating of other matches.
• All participants should leave the facility fields immediately after play.
• Team relaxation areas will be provided outside of the field area.
11. Referees will use electronic whistles and face shields or face masks.
12. Players should avoid referees by 6 feet.
13. No shade tents or umbrellas will be allowed on the fields.
14. No water will be provided at the complex. (Bring your own)
15. No chairs or bench seating will be provided at the complex (Bring your own)
15. 600 square foot team relaxation areas will be designated at the Complex. Pop up shades may be rented for the weekend for $100 deposit for use in the relaxation areas. $100 will be returned when the pop up is returned Monday or after your last match.
GENERAL CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION FOR PARTICIPANTS, COACHES, AND MANAGERS
• Social distancing should be maintained before and after matches and when allowable
• Participants on bench should be spaced out at least 6-feet apart wearing masks.
• No pre-match team walkouts
• No pre or post-match handshakes.
• The Coach or Team manager is responsible for monitoring social distancing on the sideline.
• Participants must not exhibit any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days and
have no known exposure to someone that has been ill in 14 days.
• Participants must not have above normal temperature readings. Anyone with a temperature
of 99.9°F or above should not be permitted to remain on site. Before participating in a match, team manager should take participants’ temperature via a touchless thermometer.
• Upon arrival, coaches or managers should ask each participant if they are experiencing any
signs or symptoms of COVID19. If a participant has any signs or symptoms of COVID19, the participant must leave the area as soon as possible.
• Participants should use their own water bottle, towel, hand sanitizer and any other personal
• Coaches and managers should maintain social distance from all participants.
• Participants must leave the field immediately following the conclusion of the match
• Matches will be spread out with at least 30 minutes between each match at a field to allow
teams to properly clear the area before participants arrive for the next match. Participants
for any preceding matches should wait in their car until all participants have left the field.
• Use adequate field space for social distancing.
• Take your temperature daily and especially before activities with others.
If your temp is 99.9 or above stay home.
• Wash hands thoroughly before and after each match.
• Bring and use hand sanitizer with you to every match.
• Masks are required to be worn by all participants at all times while not playing a game.
• Do not touch or share anyone else’s equipment, water, food, or bags.
• Practice social distancing, place bags and equipment at least 6 feet apart.
• Wash and sanitize all equipment before and after every training.
• No group celebrations, high-fives, hugs, handshakes, fist-bumps, etc.